Sunday, March 23, 2014

Best Wedding Photography Lens?




Christine


I am looking for your preferred lens in wedding photography. Please give me the pros/cons of the lens, as well as the expected price. I prefer Canon models, but am open to suggestions on any lens you prefer and love!


Answer
You don't shoot a wedding with just one lens ... the minimalist kit for a wedding photographer is:

24-70 f2.8
Groups to portraits + a bit of macro.
2600$

70-200 f2.8
Portraits to zooming in during the ceremony so you aren't 2 feet away from the couple to fill the frame.
2600$

50 f1.4
Portraits
380$

24-105 f4
Emergency all purpose backup lens
1600$

I shoot with two cameras (alternating as needed) ... one with the 24-70 and the other with a 70-200.

when to use which lens for wedding photography?




crazyheart


So I'm shooting my first weddings this year, and I don't have the $$ to buy a better lens, so I'm going to rent a few.
I have a nikon D90 and I'll be renting a lens kit that includes AF-s 24-70mm f2.8 G IF-ED N lens and AF-s 70-200mm f2.8 G VR IF-ED lens, also the Nikon AF-s 10.5/2.8 DX Fisheye Lens.

I know the 24-70 and 70-200 are my top choices, and fish eye i will only use for certain situations, do you think I only need the 24-70 or only the 70-200? I would love to olny get one, but if I'm going to need both i will.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
p.s. I have a speedflash sb600, reflectors and such, do you suggest any other equipment.
My first wedding is the couple only, no party.
they dont have any of the lenses you listed for rental, i want to stick to the ones i listed.



Answer
My input would be to have a second camera with a different lens than your primary camera. No fish eye!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment